Graduate Student Association
The Life Sciences Institute Graduate Students Association (LSI-GSA) was initiated by students and faculty in 2006. The goal of the GSA is to enhance the training experience of LSI graduate students. This is done by:
- Providing opportunities for students to share student-generated research
- Providing networking opportunities to promote collaborations both on and off campus
- Facilitating outreach events between graduate students and the community
- Representing graduate students by active involvement on the LSI Steering Committee
- Being accessible to all students within the LSI to address concerns appropriately
The LSI-GSA executive are graduate student volunteers from multiple departments and research groups, who represent the 300 PhD and Masters students that work at the Life Sciences Institute.
Annual events include CSI@LSI, Research Day and Geek Olympiad.