The Society of LSI Trainees (SoLIT) is an organization for graduate students and post-doctoral researchers, created to further a sense of cohesiveness and community among the trainees of the Life Sciences Institute at the University of British Columbia. SoLIT aims to enhance the training experience of LSI graduate students by:
- Providing opportunities for students to share student-generated research
- Providing networking opportunities to promote collaborations both on and off campus
- Facilitating outreach events between graduate students and the community
- Representing graduate students by active involvement on the LSI Steering Committee
- Being accessible to all students within the LSI to address concerns appropriately
The SoLIT executive are graduate student volunteers from multiple departments and research groups, who represent the 300 PhD and Masters students that work at the Life Sciences Institute.
Past annual events have included CSI@LSI, Research Day and Geek Olympiad.