With its modern architecture, natural lighting, and state-of-the-art technology, the Life Sciences Centre is the perfect setting for your event. We can accommodate groups of 10 to 1000 for events ranging from seminars, to poster sessions, to week-long conferences. The LSI will work with you to find the perfect location for your event.
Our 128 person Lecture Theatre (LSC3) is fully equipped for multimedia presentations and is just steps away from our Atriums, perfect for a post-presentation reception or poster session.
Looking to promote your latest scientific product? Our seminar rooms are a popular setting for product demos, info sessions and product-centric seminars.
Coordinate with us and our Gross Anatomy Lab to host your cadaver-based training session.
LSI Room booking rates effective July 1, 2019
- LSI WEST ATRIUM $300/HOUR or $3000 Daily Rate
- LSI EAST ATRIUM $300/HOUR or $3000 Daily Rate
- ROOM#1330 – $100/HOUR or $1000 Daily Rate
- ROOM#1410 – $100/HOUR or $1000 Daily Rate
- ROOM#1510 – $100/HOUR or $1000 Daily Rate
How to Book
Please download and fill in the Room Booking and check-list forms and e-mail both to LSI Reception.
All LSI rooms (excluding atria) are to be used for research related activities such as:
- Research seminars for LSI Departments
- Lab meetings for LSI resident members only
- Graduate courses, student comprehensive exams or final exams for LSI resident members only
All other booking requests including undergraduate classes may be accommodated based on availability and on a case by case basis.
LSI resident members are able to book most of the rooms themselves including the lantern meeting rooms, seminar room. Please contact LSI Reception to book the West / East Atrium.
UBC Faculty of Science and UBC Faculty of Medicine hosted events are be eligible to book LSI rooms at no charge. Users are required to pay custodial or security charges related to the event. Contact LSI Reception to book.
All rooms booked for non UBC Faculty of Science and Medicine events are subject to full rental fee. Additional costs include security, audio-visual, catering, table/chair rentals and teleconferencing equipment rental.
Additional Equipment available for rent for only in-house events.
- Podium @$75 for the event
- Mic / Amplifier @$50 for the event
- Poster boards @ $50/board
- VOIP conference phone @ $50 per event
- Coat Check Rolling Rack @ $50 per event
- Registration/catering Table @ $50 per event
|UBC Campus Security
|UBC AV Services
|Additional Furniture including poster boards and tables
|UBC Custodial Services
Email: Conor Cregg-Guinan
|Event Planning Requirements
LSC Facilities Usage Guidelines