By applying functional genomic and proteomic approaches and imaging technologies to small- animal
models of infectious diseases (infectomics), UBC scientists are investigating new therapeutic
avenues for antimicrobial drug discovery and vaccine development for Risk Group 3 (RG3) pathogens
(e.g. HIV-1, influenza A virus, West Nile virus, and Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
Dr. Lindsay Eltis, Scientific Director FINDER
FINDER, a 6,700-sq-ft facility, is one of the largest and most comprehensive university-based
Containment Level 3 (CL3) facilities in the world.
• Custom-designed self contained Microbiology Suites, each with its own Animal Holding Room
• Proteomics/Analytic Suite
• Imaging Suite
• Flow Cytometry Suite
• Archival Freezer Suite
• CL3 facility commissioning, certification consultation, SOP development, and training
• In vitro bacterial and/or viral infection assays
• Delivery of vaccines, treatment and infectious challenges by aerosol and other routes.
Dean Airey – Lab Manager, FINDER
2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Phone: 604. 827-4807 Email: email@example.com